Into The WOW – Explore and protect Orobie Valtellinesi with WOWnature
THE GOAL OF THE DAY
During the day, you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the forests of Val di Fiemme. With experienced guides from the WOWnature team, you will explore hidden trails, discovering what threats the forest is facing! One among them is the bark beetle, the insect that, after the 2018 Vaia storm, is attacking trees that have withstood those high winds.
WHAT WE WILL DO TOGETHER
With WOWnature you will discover how you can protect and preserve this magical place. You’ll participate in hands-on activities that will help you understand how to manage a forest and what the benefits are.
Games, quizzes, interactive challenges and expert-led walks will provide an engaging experience for all ages.
THE EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL
Into The WOW is open to anyone who loves nature and wants to do their part to protect it. It doesn’t matter if you are an enthusiast or just beginning your journey of environmental awareness-the important thing is to have an open mind and a desire to connect with nature.
To participate, you must register by filling out the registration form in the link below. Places are limited, so be sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible!
– 9.00 Meeting at Piazzale Chiesa Parrocchiale San Gottardo di Alfaedo (SO) from which we will continue together by car on a forest road to the Casa degli Alpini
– 10.00 Greetings and start of activity with ice-braking
– 10.30 Guided walk with nature experts (for adults and children). We will learn about the birds that inhabit these forests and how we protect their conservation. What sounds do they make? Where do they hide? What do they eat? How to recognize them? We will answer these and many other curiosities.
– 11:30 Photo Treasure Hunt. A fun time competition to unearth the mysterious clues you will have to find in the forest.
– 12.30 How do you protect a forest with WOWnature?
– 13.00 Awarding of the winning team at the scavenger hunt and forest-nic. The Ass. Naz. Alpini – Selvetta Group (Municipality of Forcola – SO) will offer polenta taragna and a sampling of cheeses from local farms. Bring a picnic lunch.
CLOTHING AND USEFUL INFORMATION
Wear comfortable, temperature-appropriate clothing and hiking shoes. Bring a reusable water bottle and a light backpack for the hike. Don’t forget curiosity and a desire to learn!
SHARE THE EVENT
Join us on this extraordinary adventure, exploring and protecting the Orobie Valtellinesi together with WOWnature. Share the event with your interested friends and family, and help us spread the passion for nature and environmental awareness.
IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER
In case of bad weather, the event will be postponed until the next day.
ALSO PROTECT THE VALTELLINA OROBIE PARK
With WOWnature you can help protect the Orobie Valtellinesi Park. Choose from the different protection packages available: basic, intermediate, advanced and maximum. Each one corresponds to a total of square meters of forest you will protect. Learn more about the forest management project and protect the area.
This project is co-funded by the Lombardy Region’s “Biodiversity and Climate” (BioClima) Call for Projects and supported by Fondazione Cariplo. Bioclima is an initiative created within the framework of the Lombardy Plan and the LIFE GESTIRE 2020 project that aims to create public-private financing models to catalyze investment in biodiversity conservation and climate change adaptation projects in Lombardy’s forests and protected areas.